The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2010-05-27

Other People's Money

fireworks

fireworks2

fireworks4

fireworks5


Dress?
handmade, thrifted
Sandals? Hushpuppies, StyleSense
Clutch? Old Navy, thrifted
Bangles? thrifted and gifted
Belt? thrifted
Earrings? from Briannelee... I wear them a lot, really a lot.

This last weekend was a long weekend and we ended up on our friends' third floor deck watching people burn through their children's college funds. I will admit I have not taken the time to research current market value on Roman candles, but there were definitely thousands of dollars worth of fireworks being blown into the sky. I think there may have been some neighbourly competition as each group sought to out do the other. We had the perfect view over the park and enjoyed the show. My financial decisions concerning my $6 thrifted dress and a $12 bottle of wine suddenly seemed very wise...

fireworks3


Matt decided to take hundreds of pictures of the fireworks in paparazzi mode (it takes about 15 pictures in 5 seconds or something...). I'm posting one as evidence of his hard efforts. He loves that paparazzi mode... Occasionally I can be a grump when we take pictures (our secret, ok?) and he'll paparazzi me as I'm being a witch. Later, I'll go back through the pictures and find 45 pictures of me in my finest moments...

27 comments :

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely, perfect summer outfit! Yay for (free) fireworks and bottles o' wine.

Teri said...

does that dress have a twin because I WANT it! Its beautiful on you.

Allison said...

I ADORE your hair in these photos! Perfect for spring/summer!

Sheila said...

That is a lovely dress and belt (love the buckle detail).

We had no Victoria Day fireworks. I avoided the parade.

Unknown said...

Your hair is absolutly stunning (the rest of you is as well..haha)!! And such an amazing dress...love the details.

Mandy said...

I love your hair in these photos (and the kid's toys in the background as well lol).

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

whoa, enter girl-crush mode! i love your dress (such a good color on you!), and your belt, and your clutch. holy macaroni!

Linda said...

The first and 3rd shots are ridiculously georgus. Wow, great job Matt, soon enough you can join the ranks of Paul. Really well done, so pretty. The natural lighting, the softness and of course the subject.

Olivia said...

Just lovely...sort of uptown boho. I'd trade my firstborn for that belt.

Raquelita said...

Both the dress and the clutch are amazing! My husband makes the cutest oohing sounds when he sees fireworks. It's very endearing.

Sidewalk Chic said...

I love your dress! It's really, really pretty.
Matt did a great job with the fireworks photos!

Destined For Now said...

Wow. That dress is divine on you!

Dylana Suarez said...

The color of that dress is beautiful!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Skye said...

How do you do your hair like that?

T said...

Love everything about this. I can't believe that clutch is Old Navy - say what?

I always have a nice handful of pictures where my I am bitch face is going strong. My poor husband. : )

Kelly @ blackdog finds said...

I love the accessories you've picked for this look. Their unexpected and work so well with that gorgeous dress.

Um, your hair? FABULOUS! That style works so well with your hair color.

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

That dress has such wonderful pleating and I love your hair.

Secondhand Stella said...

I LOVE that dress!!!! The color looks amazing on you. Love how you made it a bit casual with the belt.

Happy Friday :)

Emily Kennedy said...

Your dress is SO PRETTY! I totally love it!

Jessica Miranda said...

that clutch is amazing!!! love it

jess @ jesscredible.blogspot.com

Louise (Fifth Sparrow) said...

I always love it when you wear your hair like that (possible tutorial...??) and this dress is gorgeous! Very wise indeed!

Em-Jae said...

LOVE the hair! Do a tutorial?? :)

GS said...

Asymmetrical buttons - love! Other people spending money on firework entertainment - also love!

I'm in my last few days in Holland here and am having a real bitch of a time trying to make the 'sch' sound. As in "hey we went to a city called, 'Scheveningen' and I sound like an absolute loser trying to pronounce it". Maybe it's not meant to be. Luckily ingesting large amounts of cheese eases my pain and worries.

Natalie said...

Great post and outfit. What a cool dress (and clutch!). You look great!!! And the line about the $6 dress and $12 wine seeming wise made me laugh.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. I LOVE that dress! My son goes crazy as soon as fireworks are in the store. We just *have* to get some. So I am totally guilty of blowing away his college fund for a few nights of spectacular happiness! : )

Ms. Falcon said...

your hairdo on this photos is just amazing!
things like that always look silly on my head.... i'm jealous.

; )
wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Kjrsten said...

the hair, the hair! will you teach me how to do that hair? tutorial please! You look so summery and fresh! I love this post!