The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2010-02-18

On The Bandwagon

If last year's 'Shoe That Women Can't Get Enough of But Men Loathe' was the Acne Atacoma, then this year's 'it' shoe is bound to be the clog. I should be smart enough to resist. After all, I pride myself on not jumping in too quickly on the trend bandwagon (yes, some may disagree but I have yet to wear tights and denim shorts...). I want to build a wardrobe that can grow with me from year to year and not one that can be picked apart by the season an item was bought in. I'm already seeing clogs all over the blogs (a rhyme, yes). Isn't it funny how one can sick of seeing a certain item without even having seen it worn in real life? Anyways, despite the fact that I'm sure clogs will be overplayed, I caved and bought a pair because the dutch farm girl in me couldn't resist (I made up the part about the farm girl...). The summery quality of clogs is infectious.


stella1

stella3

I found these Stella McCartney's(!) at Holt's Last Call on the final day of the 70% off the last ticketed price sale. Um...score! It was so sweaty and hectic in there, which is never a pleasant shopping experience, but whatever, I walked away with these babies for less than you will find the Aldo knock-offs this spring. The heels looks deceptively high but there is actually a lower ledge for your foot, so the rise isn't that intense. They are a bit trickier to walk in than other shoes, so the my scary heels rule applies... no more than 2 drinks when I'm wearing these. Is it spring yet? Is it spring yet? How long do I need to wait before I can wear my clogs and force my friends (my real life friends, not the bloggy ones...just clarifying) to compliment me for some footwear that they don't see the appeal of? Oh boy, I love my clogs!

P.S. Thanks to An Affair With Fashion (clever name, though I feel like I'm having more of an affair with blogging than fashion...'I promise Matt, I did not just spend 5 hours online, I was cleaning the keyboard!') who just did a feature on my favourite shoe purchase of 2009... my Derek Lam's, which, incidentally, were also bought at a Holt's Last Call super sale. I really am a retailer's worst nightmare... I won't buy anything until it's 90% off.

30 comments :

Julia said...

OMG, these are so amazing. I will always love the clog. Always have. I'm not ashamed. These are too right, my friend, too right. I can't wait to see you style them!

And blast that 5 hours online! I know it well...

xx

Kendi Lea said...

YES I love me some clogs. I can't believe you got them for so cheap!

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

Those do look scary high, but I have faith in you. But, you will have to wear them for both of us because I get nosebleeds at such high altitudes! ;)

liz said...

I love them! They will definitely transcend the seasons!

E said...

I found your blog through 'An affair with fashion' and I totally adore your style and writing! you have such a good sense of humour! :)

heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

I'm glad that I kept my clogs from three years ago (the last time they were hot) since I'll clearly need them this spring. Those clogs are hot, but I am completely scared for you. I actually find clogs annoying to walk in and can't quite figure out why they keep coming back.

Linda said...

Cute....impractical....designer...and very painful looking. All equal out to the formula of the perfect Jentine shoe.

TP said...

Those are sweet - not a clogs fan here but I would go for those. And I'm the same way with retail - only shop the clearance (well - except for pants because it's so rare that they fit).

K said...

Fantastic shoes!! I still haven't decided if I'm going to get a pair of clogs yet. I guess it depends on if I find the right pair at the right price.

Talisa said...

Thanks for your comment:) The headband is from H&M:)

Anonymous said...

Whew, those are gorgeous and quite a find! I bet you're right, though ... I've already seen Husband Mike turn up his nose at the clog trend.

Secondhand Stella said...

Jealous! I need to go to this sale with you someday!

Anonymous said...

"scary heel rule" LOL! I love it! (And if I were sensible I'd try to implement such a rule in my own life. We'll see...)

Bird on Your Shirt

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

Those look awesome! I say rock them whenever you want... who says you need to wait for spring! :) Slap on some tights maybe and call it a day? Unless your tights will make those puppies harder to walk in... then in which case, please refrain from doing that!! :) haha

Nadine said...

Surely being Dutch means a free pass to wear clogs whenever you damn well please . . .

The Village Idiot said...

so jealous!!!! :)
they are sooo in right now!!!
Can't wait to see how u style them up!

Ela said...

First, you are gorgeous!
You're in Hamilton, no way? So close!
Which Holt's Last Call are you going to? I never find crazy deals like that (I go to the one at Vaughn Mills).
Fabulous find!
Happy weekend to you!

p.s. Wisdom teeth out at 14? You are brave. I waited almost 10 years after that. And that was about 10 years ago so I'm good now :)

Leah said...

I'm seeing a lot of clogs these days and this pair is so gorgeous! Happy weekend! xoxo

athenista said...

this makes me SO happy!!! i have a pair of michael kors clogs that i've been hanging on to for a few years. they are beautiful (in my mind) but my old fashion marketing major roommate absolutely loathed them. do i get "told ya so" rights now??? ;) love your blog!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

hahah--i LOVE the clogs. i totally have two pairs (given, they are danksos and birkenstocks read: not fashiony at all). these are RAD.

Shauna said...

Okay so I love those clogs!!! Glad my feet are the same size as yours ;-)

Ms. Falcon said...

those clogs look gorgeous!
i hope there will be an end of winter very soon....

xx

http://www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com/

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Oops! I deleted my post by accident. Attempt #2
I just bought a pair of high-heel clogs at a consignment store this morning. Funny.

http://nomoresweatpants.blogspot.com/

Ansley said...

Those are gorgeous clogs! I think I like those even better than the ones on the runway right now.
Great find! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I was leery about them...but those are so fab and if Karl lauds them...I should at least consider them right? Ah ha ha

E said...

I've had the same obsessed lately and I am SO envious of the ones you found! The color is perfect, too!

Christen said...

I'm not a huge fan of clogs but these are really great! I love the unique shape!

Kristin said...

I am glad you gave in! Those are suuuuper cute...and Stellas?! Awesomeness! I have my pair of clogs and wear them alllll of the time! I just bought some that are borderline clogs...I am hoping that even after the clog trend passes I will still wear them!

Unknown said...

oakley vault
timberland boots
mont blanc
ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet
jordan concords
uggs for men
nhl jerseys
louis vuitton outlet stores
insanity workout
coach outlet
ugg outlet
ugg boots
new york knicks jerseys
coach factory outlet
coach outlet store online clearances
cheap nfl jerseys
abercrombie and fitch
canada goose outlet
kobe 9 shoes
rolex submariner
louis vuitton
rolex watches
louis vuitton handbags
lebron james shoes
canada goose outlet
louis vuitton outlet
mont blanc pens
ugg outlet
instyler curling iron
michael kors outlet online
cheap uggs
ralph lauren uk
ralph lauren sale
michael kors outlet
uggs on sale
michael kors outlet
rolex watches
kobe bryant shoes
20169.2wengdongdong